Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cupcake Lip Balm

Girls' Cupcake Lip Gloss Set of 12
They looked something like this.
Today (2/9/12) we went out to dinner with Uncle Clint.  A yummy Cajun barbecue place.  We had a nice dinner.  We then went to Michael's to get a smock for Addison.  As we were checking out at the register there were some cute cupcake lip balms.  Of course Addison thought they were cute and needed one. She asked and I told her we have some at home, she then told me that she didn't know were they were.  I told her I did and that is all that matters.   I then told her to put it back.  I thought she did.  She went to grab the items we were purchasing, I told her to wait for the cashier to put it in the bag and then she could carry the bag.  Pulling out of the parking lot Addison pulls out the lip balm.  I was horrified!  I knew I did not pay for the cupcake.  I had Jon stop the car, I took the lip balm and took it back inside.  The lady at the counter said hi to me, I then told her my daughter took this and put it back on the counter.  Looking back I wish I would have had her return it and tell the lady she was sorry. 

When I got back to the car Jon was telling Addison she would go to bed as soon as we got home.  On the way home there was threatening with jail, how horrible it was to do something taking things without paying.  Once we dropped off Uncle Clint and arrived home Jon told me to hold on before I got her ready for a shower.  He made her tell her grandparents what she did.  After her shower she did not want to get ready for bed, because she did not want to go to bed.  She went to bed crying.  I think she cried herself to sleep. 

I hope we don't have to deal with this again! 

No comments:

Followers